University Hospital Foundation
Research & Strategic Partnerships
Whether it’s developing advanced technology, creating new knowledge or changing the way care is delivered, research plays a vital role in every aspect of patient care at the University of Alberta Hospital – one of Western Canada’s leading academic medical centres.
That’s why the University Hospital Foundation supports research.
Through donor support, we provide funding that allows our medical teams to remain on the forefront of medical advancements, keeping pace with constantly changing technology, emerging patient needs, and the latest knowledge and research discoveries.
Currently, the Foundation is funding research in such areas as:
- ex-vivo lung perfusion, a new way of repairing organs for transplantation;
- sodium intake for heart disease patients, a study that has since expanded into the largest international clinical trial on the subject;
- innovative methods of patient care for people with Parkinson’s; and,
- the Stroke Ambulance Pilot Project – the first of its kind in Canada.
The Medical Research Competition
Through Strategic Partnerships, the University Hospital Foundation brings together industry, the public sector and philanthropic collaborations to translate Albertan innovations into solutions that impact the health of all Albertans.
Our Strategic Partnerships focus on:
- Transforming Healthcare through Innovation, Collaboration & Philanthropy;
- Building Support for Funding Health Innovation; and
- Leveraging Impact to Benefit the Health of Albertans.
The University Hospital Foundation is uniquely positioned to foster collaboration through Strategic Partnerships. We have:
- The capacity to distribute funds pan-provincially;
- The cumulative impact of investment by the leveraging of dollars;
- The responsiveness of a single point of contact for accountability and stewardship for investment;
- Connection to Key Opinion Leaders to facilitate innovation in flagship areas to advance translational research into care;
- Measured Return on Investment through outcomes; and
- An equal and established partnership.
Learn more about:
Johnson & Johnson Alberta Health Innovation Partnership
Alberta Transplant Innovation Fund
Servier Alberta Innovation in Health Fund
Current Research Competitions